remap Mode_switch+mouse_drag to Alt+mouse_drag

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmx.de
Thu Jun 8 06:37:43 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 08, 2017 at 09:57:49AM +0800, Amos Bird wrote:
>Hi Thomas,
>
>Thanks for your help. However I cannot remap the Mode_switch key itself. It has other bindings.
>I would like only the Mode_switch+left_mouse_drag remapped to Alt+left_mouse_drag. Is it possible?

You're likely rather looking for a way to configure your WM to handle the this
shortcut instead of the other?

What *might* work is a daemon interpreting the event to XTestFake*Event
Alt+LMB, but if eg. the WM tracks the mouse button condition, it won't
be cheated by two presses w/o a release or still consider the mode
switch (is it or is it the meta/win key?) pressed and not act etcetc.
ie. you need to know the exact behavior of the client you wish to cheat.

Cheers,
Thomas