libX11 doesn't display Khmer Ligatures

Gopal Singh gsinghsg.dev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 03:34:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am using  libX11-1.5.0-4.el6.i686 to write a client application for
xserver.
This client has to display Khmer text.

I am able to display text with Khmer characters (using Mondulkiri fonts for
Khmer), but it display Khmer ligatures incorrectly.
Below is one such ligature which is not being displayed correctly:

uni1794 + uni17b6= uni1794.a

I am using XmbDrawString() function to display khmer text. Please note my
Khmer text is entered using xim. It's being passed from some other source
in UTF-8  encoding.

Please help me on  how to display Khmer ligatures(or ligature in general)
using libX11.

Regards, Gopal