Video tearing with modesetting driver and Intel Sandybridge graphics

Tino Mettler tino at tikei.de
Tue Mar 14 20:39:19 UTC 2017

Hi,

it looks like my dualhead setup is causing problems. The LCD is
reported to use 59.88 Hz in xrandr. The projector is reported to use 60
Hz. Disabling one of the outputs makes the tearing go away.

I can set the projector to use 59.94 Hz (NTSC), but this doesn't solve
the tearing issue. The LCD can't change the display rate.

Is there a way to get tearing free video with the modesetting driver in
such a setup, or am I forced to use the (somewhat deprecated) Intel
driver?

Regards,
Tino