Configure touchpad for touchscreen driver

Martin Kepplinger martink at posteo.de
Fri May 5 15:30:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm doing a touchscreen xorg input driver. For testing purposes, I'd
like to configure my laptop's touchpad for the driver to use. It's
totally comparable and I've done it for other stuff for rough testing. I
append the evtest output below. Should be fine.

I'm unsure how to override all other touchpad configs in my system.

 * is it enough to say "MatchIsTouchpad" instead of touchscreen? There's
obviously only one touchpad. Ideally I think I should omit
"MatchIsTouchpad" and say only "Device=/dev/input/event1" or whatever
number it is? Would that be possible?

 * My driver config installs to /usr/local/share/X11/... Will this
*ever* override /usr/share/X11 configs? Even if I call it
"00-mydriver.conf" in /usr/local/

thanks
                            martin

Input driver version is 1.0.1
Input device ID: bus 0x11 vendor 0x2 product 0xe version 0x0
Input device name: "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad"
Supported events:
  Event type 0 (EV_SYN)
  Event type 1 (EV_KEY)
    Event code 272 (BTN_LEFT)