xterm: set mouse pointer type for ncurses

Thomas Dickey dickey at his.com
Mon May 22 01:07:25 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 12:01:43AM +0200, Tobias Girstmair wrote:
> Hi, I'm new here.
>
> I am trying to build a curses based program, and I'd like to know if
> there is an option to change the mouse cursor type.
>
> The default is the text selection cursor, but I need to use the
> 'normal' pointer style, if that makes sense to any of you.
>
> Is there a control sequence (or at least a command line parameter)
> for this available?

man curs_set

       The  curs_set  routine  sets  the cursor state to invisible, normal, or
       very visible for visibility equal to 0, 1, or 2 respectively.   If  the
       terminal  supports  the visibility requested, the previous cursor state
       is returned; otherwise, ERR is returned.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
http://invisible-island.net