White screens in Aspire E15 E5-521-44NP

Antonio Pardo-Cayuela antpardo at um.es
Sat Jul 28 11:31:25 UTC 2018

Hello everybody,

I would be very grateful if someone could help me to solve the following
problem:

When I start my laptop with an external monitor switched to it via VGA
or HDM I get both screens in white. But when I first start the laptop
computer without the external monitor switched to it and later on I
switch it to the laptop computer it is not detected by Ubuntu 16.04
because there is not any VGA nor HDMI video output signal.

I have updated the system to the latest mesa and xorg packages and the
problems remain the same.

With many thanks and best wishes,

Antonio.