what LLVM does mesa need to build "r300" ?

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Sun Jun 10 14:41:22 UTC 2018

Dear Xorg:

     For some days now I have been going in circles trying to get a
build going from git but endlessly run into oddball dependecy issues on
Debian buster :

.
.
.
checking for RADEON... yes
configure: error: --enable-llvm is required when building r300
build.sh: "./autogen.sh" failed on mesa/mesa
build.sh: error processing:  "mesa/mesa"

OKay .. however I have that :

fs$ dpkg-query -l | grep -i "llvm"
ii  libllvm5.0:amd64            1:5.0.2-2          amd64
Modular compiler and toolchain technologies, runtime librar
ii  llvm-5.0                    1:5.0.2-2          amd64
Modular compiler and toolchain technologies
ii  llvm-5.0-dev                1:5.0.2-2          amd64
Modular compiler and toolchain technologies, libraries and
ii  llvm-5.0-runtime            1:5.0.2-2          amd64
Modular compiler and toolchain technologies, IR interpreter
ii  llvm-5.0-tools              1:5.0.2-2          amd64
Modular compiler and toolchain technologies, tools
fs$

Do I need a particular colour or flavour or ?   Sorry for the sarcasm
but I have seen some interesting dependencies pop up such as python mako
template jazz. A lot sure has changed in a few years.

Any hints?

Dennis