xrandr brightness settings permanent

Riccardo Berto riccardo at rcrdbrt.com
Wed Nov 14 09:52:59 UTC 2018

I have a low quality screen. It's very bright, even at minimum settings
in the monitor menu. I'm able to reduce the brightness with `xrandr
--output HDMI-0 --brightness 0.25` but sometimes the brightness goes
back to the default levels when downloading something from the browser
or doing peculiar interactions with the Xorg server, like opening the
file manager. I guess this is caused by a re-read of the xorg.conf file
under certain circumstances that I'm not aware of.
The question is: is it possible to make the previously mentioned xrandr
command permanent via some /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ conf file?