Problem with mapping a key to multiple characters (Unicode + diacritic symbol)

Pierre-Luc Angles angles at stud.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Apr 2 12:31:31 UTC 2019

Dear Ilya, dear xorgers,

launching env XMODIFIERS='' GTK_IM_MODULE=xim libreoffice in my terminal
makes indeed my keyboard for Unicode characters + diacritics working but
switching to my French keyboard (variant with Sun dead keys), the dead
keys like the dead_circumflex does not work any more (I have to close
LibreOffice and reopen it to make env XMODIFIERS='' GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
libreoffice be ended). I have checked and this is also the case with the
normal French keyboard azerty.

On the contrary, the dead keys works on the keyboard layout that I have
mapped when env XMODIFIERS='' GTK_IM_MODULE=xim libreoffice is launched.

It is just a small problem but I would but helpfull to understand why
some dead keys works and other not when env XMODIFIERS=''
GTK_IM_MODULE=xim libreoffice is launched.

Thanks again.

Best,

Pierre-Luc