support question regarding X11 1.20.1

Greenamyer, Shaun Shaun.Greenamyer at ga-asi.com
Wed Jun 19 21:10:37 UTC 2019

Hey guys,
I hope this message isn't an annoyance but I'm not sure the best place to turn right now.
I am having an issue with my X windows not getting "erased" when the window is closed. I'm probably not explaining well which is why my google searches have been empty. Basically I am running MWM as my window manager and opening an Xterm then exiting the xterm, after this the xterm window is still displayed but does not respond. I checked xwininfo and I see no reference to the window that I closed so I feel like the window was destroyed.   Another interesting observation is that if I take another good window and drag it over the bad window, the good window will slide under the bad window. Its very strange.  Lastly I have the NVIDIA driver installed (430.26) and this issue only happens when the COMPOSITE extension is disabled.

Sorry again to bug everyone.
Thanks.