Accidently voted twice ...

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Thu May 2 14:40:03 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 02, 2019 at 02:33:34PM +0000, Harry Wentland wrote:
> +Elections Committee

Thanks for taking care of!

BTW, empty full name isn't perfect for a member either I guess, right?

https://members.x.org/members

Full name       Employer        Public statement
                Unknown         I am working in the AMD display team,
                                and would be glad to join the membership
                                of X.org Foundation;

Hopefully it's at least not a duplicate ...

Thanks,
Stefan

> On 2019-05-02 10:29 a.m., Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> > [CAUTION: External Email]
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > This is embarassing and I feel ashamed.
> >
> > I just noticed that I accidently voted twice. :-( I voted rather soonish in
> > the second election, but a few days ago I received an email, that my vote is
> > still missing. So I went ahead to vote, since I assumed my first voting didn't
> > work for some reason. Meanwhile I noticed that I'm mentioned twice in the
> > members list.  Which simply means I voted twice. :-(
> >
> > https://members.x.org/members
> >
> > Stefan Dirsch   SUSE    Software Developer Linux Graphics Driver Stack
> > Stefan Dirsch   SUSE    Downstream X package maintainer at SUSE since ...
> >
> > I believe this came along with the (seperate?) logins via github and
> > gitlab. Things were confusing to me, so I requested accidently a second
> > membership at some point, which indeed was accepted right before second
> > election.
> >
> > What can we do in order not to invalidate the second election? Could you
> > remove my votes, please?
> >
> > How can I help here? Should I better step back from my X.Org membership
> > completely?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stefan
> >
> > Public Key available
> > Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX GmbH
> > Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
> > FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
> > http://www.suse.de            Germany
> > SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah
> > HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Regards,
Stefan Dirsch