dickey at his.com
Tue May 14 08:15:09 UTC 2019
Patch #345 - 2019/05/14
* updated FreeBSD test-package from recent /usr/ports scripts.
* workaround in run-tic.sh for HPUX, whose mktemp prints the name of
a temporary directory without creating it.
* add left/right margin capabilities to terminfo, since the default
terminal emulation is VT420 (suggested by Thomas Wolff).
* modify treatment of reverseVideo for dynamic colors to make text
foreground/background consistent with the cursor color (prompted by
discussion with Ben Wong, lsix #20).
* modify button-handling to make SGR button-release distinct from
button-press for button-codes starting with 8 (patch by Mikulas
* add aliases for the sgr push/pop controls to work around language
limitations of C# (request by Dan Thompson).
* correct a typo in setDirectFG, which could cause setting of
indexed-color after a direct-color to be ignored.
* add resource useBorderClipping as an alternative to useClipping
(request by Robert Ross).
* improve logic for displaying xterm's built-in line-drawing
characters vs missing glyphs, e.g., for U+2409 to U+240D (patch by
* add vttests/sgrPushPop2.pl to illustrate how selective pushes work,
as well as to demonstrate push/pop of the various color types
supported by xterm.
* fix a special case in XTPOPSGR where direct-colors were not checked
as a dependency of indexed-colors, contrary to documentation.
* reduce buffer-flushes for OSC 4 and OSC 5 color-queries, as well as
in the queries for dynamic colors.
Note: this change makes the reply for OSC 5 use the “5” in the
response; formerly it was mapped to ”4” after adding the maximum
number of colors.
* modify vttests/query-color.pl to demonstrate multiple queries in
* update tables of combining and unknown-width characters in
wcwidth.c based on Unicode 12.0.0.
* modify response for OSC 5 to be consistent with documentation.
* add vttests/query-dynamic.pl
* modify vttests/query-color.pl to accept bold, underline, etc.,
keywords to decide whether to use OSC 5 rather than OSC 4.
* modify cursor coloring to avoid a case where the cursor matched the
foreground color while the text was displayed in reverse-video
(report by Nuno Silva).
* fix an inconsistency in X10 mouse responses from patch #342
changes; the legacy protocol supports only buttons 1-3.
* reduce the number of buffer-flushes for tcap-query batches.
* modify tcapquery.pl to demonstrate batch queries with -q option.
* increase response-buffer size, and make it configurable as
limitResponse (prompted by discussion with Stephen P Wall).
* modified configure script:
+ check/workaround for non-POSIX manipulation of predefined
+ check for updated X Toolkit, which uses const.
* update config.guess, config.sub
* provide for secondary-selection, overlooked in patch #338 (report
by Emile LeBlanc).
* documentation errata (patch by Larry Hynes).
* improve pointer-checks in Tekproc.c
* revise solution for Debian #919475, to allow for struct-notify
events occurring as a side-effect of toggling to/from full-screen
* window's border-size was incorrectly added to position when
maximizing window (report by Gary Langshaw).
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the xorg