X Window System map review

Kenny Armstrong karmstrong at lpi.org
Thu Sep 12 13:26:25 UTC 2019

Hello all.  I am writing a lesson for the Linux Professional Institute
on a basic X Window System setup.  Part of that lesson includes a
simple diagram of an X installation.  I have pieced this together from
the X.org documentation and a video of a talk by James Gettys.
Nonetheless, I wish to make sure that what I have is not
misrepresenting the structure of an X installation.  I know that there
is more to an X setup than what I have depicted here, but I want to
make sure that what is in the image is at least correct.

Thanks in advance for any help on the matter!

- Kenny Armstrong