dickey at his.com
Mon Apr 27 00:26:41 UTC 2020
Patch #354 - 2020/04/26
* work around performance problems of XDrawImageString and
XDrawImageString16 functions (Debian #954845).
* add a control sequence which reports xterm's version (patch by
Nicholas Marriott, mintty #881).
* temporarily set numeric locale category to "C" when parsing
resources, so that scaleHeight and faceSize settings do not depend
on locale (Debian #820803).
* improve DA/DA2 response by ensuring that the decTerminalID maps to
one of the known identifiers, as well as providing DA2 response for
VT241 and VT382.
* terminfo improvements:
+ add (my) comments from ncurses which explain the keypad
+ add vt52+keypad from ncurses
+ use improved xm example for xterm+x11mouse, xterm+sm+1006 from
ncurses 6.2 terminfo.src
* two fixes for left/right wheel mouse event reporting (Debian
+ filter identical button-events
+ correct order of button-range versus protocol type (see patch
* change “make check” makefile-rule to use test-drivers for charclass
and wcwidth data.
* quiet “did not find a usable xxx TrueType font” warnings by making
fontWarnings apply to these messages (report by Jim Rees).
* improve reinitialization of parameter list (report/testcase by
* temporarily set numeric locale category to "C" when formatting SVG
or XHTML screendumps, to make the radix separator used in RGB
values consistent (adapted from patch by George Kouryachy).
* add resource forceXftHeight to control whether workaround from
Debian #880407 is used.
* apply updated ascent/descent in workaround from Debian #880407 to
fix a 1-pixel gap in built-in vertical lines (report/testcase by
* improve round-off of scaling for built-in line-drawing (prompted by
discussion with Stefan Assman).
* adjust fonts in svg-icon files to accommodate reduced functionality
of new pango (report/analysis by YOKOTA Hiroshi).
* improve configure check for X Toolkit library.
* correct Y-coordinate transformation in ClearCurBackground,
overlooked in changes for patch #334 (report/analysis by Chuck
* remove --vendor option from test-packages' install of desktop
files; the feature is badly broken in gnome-shell.
* modify uxterm to make it possible to select nonstandard locale
C.UTF-8, e.g, if the user's locale is set to “C” (Debian #940626).
* re-save/tweak “.svg” icon-files to work around breakage in toolset
since the files were created in patch #283.
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg