xserver-xorg-video-dummy driver XORG and X11vnc on Android chroot

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Feb 2 16:59:09 UTC 2020

On 2/1/20 6:40 AM, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:
> I AM dreaming, that when I will be able to run Xorg thanks tou yours posted
> advices, I would be able to use some VNC client for ANdroid and X11vnc app.
> I only do not know, if The fact that I will use dummi driver will also not
> mean, that graphical output will be still on The Android client VNC app.
> Because if so, I will rather use XVFB like I Am using it for now.
>
> The question also is, if my idea can work. If x11vnc will be compatible and
> if it will be cooperating with running Xorg and with dummi video driver. If
> it will not cause other issues.
>
> My goal is to save CPu time and prevent bug caused by using display such as
> using GPU.

Why not just use Xvnc then, which also uses a virtual frame buffer, but has
the VNC server built in, so you don't have to waste CPU time running a
separate program like x11vnc that has to monitor the X server to send updates
when something is drawn?

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc