xf86-video-dummy compared to xf86-video-dummy-with-vt?

John T Davis johntdavis at johntdavis.info
Tue Jul 7 21:01:12 UTC 2020

Hello,

Good afternoon! Thanks for your message. That clears it up rather nicely.

Would you mind if I reposted this explanation on the Manjaro Linux forum? We were scratching our heads over there trying to figure out what it did. Apparently no one on the forum uses it.

Thanks again.

							Sincerely,
								John T Davis

-- -- --
John T Davis
Barta, Jones & Foley, P.C.
Patent Attorney and Counselor at Law
State Bar of Texas License No.: 24079797 || USPTO Registration No.: 72,813
Admitted: US District Court (Eastern District of Texas); US Court of Appeals (Federal Circuit)
Member: National Association of Patent Practitioners; College of the State Bar of Texas
E: johnt at davisiplaw.net <mailto:johnt at davisiplaw.net> | T: (469) 269-5295
Fax number available on request

In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.
 - Albert Einstein

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This electronic mail transmission (including any attachments) is confidential, may be privileged and should be read or retained only by the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, or are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and delete it from your system. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

MPEP Section 502.03 Statement.
Per MPEP § 502.03: Recognizing that Internet communications are not secure, I hereby authorize the USPTO to communicate with me concerning any subject matter of this application by electronic mail. I understand that a copy of these communications will be made of record in the application file.