ANN: xterm-358

Thomas Dickey dickey at his.com
Mon Jul 13 07:59:32 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 10:39:45PM -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 7/12/20 5:31 PM, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> >                              Patch #358 - 2020/07/12
>
> xterm-358 is working better than 357 did for me.
>
> I tried 357 a few days ago and had problems, but wasn't able to dig into it
> to find out why they were happening.
>
> It seemed as if xterm wasn't acknowledging the CSI.  Things that had worked
> perfectly in many xterm versions weren't working in 357.  Prompt wasn't
> colorized, ls --color wasn't colorized, all sorts of text printed to the
> screen as if the CSI wasn't honored.

In 356, I changed the logic to ensure that the terminal-id would be one of
the ones known for reporting via escape sequence.  But a user complained that
it was no longer possible to pretend that it was both a vt340 and a vt420(?).

In 358, I added a graphics-id to address that need, but made a coding error
in a routine used for both ids.  I normally don't give the "vt" prefix in

	xterm -ti vt340

but rather just this (via a script which mocks up all of the different models)

	xterm -ti 340

> Thankfully, 358 seems to be working correctly.  :-)

There's always bugs to investigate, but a regression (new bug) really ought
to be fixed first.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net