[Question] More CRTCs than supported displays; questions about intel-virtual-output and VIRTUAL1

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Sat Jul 25 06:37:33 UTC 2020

Le 25/07/2020 à 02:38, Adam Nielsen a écrit :

>> 3. Why do I need VIRTUAL1?

Virtual monitor was used time ago, when no HD monitor did exist to
create a screen larger than the real one. the display was a subset of
this virtual screen and could be moved through it. This wasn't very
practical.

however I use it to get a full HD display 1080 on a only 720 capable
monitor, with a very fine result, on *intel* hardware/driver. I couldn't
make it work on AMD hardware/driver

http://www.dodin.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Doc.AddXResolution

the result is surprisingly good, In use it continuously (including right
now)

jdd

--
http://dodin.org