Problems between XServer and Displaylink Docking Station

Theresa tm at aremai.net
Sat Jun 20 17:10:50 UTC 2020

Hi Adam,

thanks for responding so quickly.

Yes, I switch to a TTY and reboot intentionally because not only the
laptop is slow, I can hear the fans going off and nothing happens. It
just says black. Therefore I reboot it, because when nothing happens
after 5 minutes, there's no point in continuing any longer with having
it connected to the docking station.

I have attached the Xorg.logs ....they're not too huge, and to be honest
I didn't know what I was looking for specifically, so I attached them
all. I hope that's OK.

The modesetting driver was actually recommended by DisplayLink, so I
went for it and it worked fine for the past 3 years since I have this
laptop and the dockingstation.

I appreciate your help.
Thanks and cheers,
theresa