no screens found(EE) - Cannot use AMD R5 M330 as output to monitor

Sreyan Chakravarty sreyan32 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:03:15 UTC 2020

On 5/14/20 10:17 PM, Alex Deucher wrote:
> The dGPU on your system has no display hardware.  The displays are
> only attached to the integrated GPU.

Ok, first of all thanks for the prompt reply, but there is a lot I don't
understand. I just got into linux in these past 2 months. So please bear
with me.

If the dGPU has no display attached to it then how is it expected to
function ? I mean on my desktop I have VGA connected directly to 650 GTX.

How does it work over here ?

>    If you want to use the dGPU for
> accelerated rendering you will need to use the DRI_PRIME stuff.  E.g.,
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PRIME
>
> For example,
> glxinfo | grep renderer
> vs.
> DRI_PRIME=1 glxinfo | grep renderer
Is the DRI_PRIME set when I select "Launch using dedicated Graphics
card" in Gnome ?

> Setting DRI_PRIME will select which GPU is used for OpenGL operations.
> Modern desktop environments also often have a way to select which GPU
> the applications run on.

I want all operations to be from the dGPU. You know, my expectation is
something like that of my desktop I mentioned above. I don't know if
that is possible.

If not, I would like to understand why it is not possible.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Sreyan