no screens found(EE) - Cannot use AMD R5 M330 as output to monitor

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Fri May 15 20:28:34 UTC 2020

source and sink only make sense in the specific randr commands to set this
up.  Essentially a source is a producer and sink is a consumer.  In a
nutshell, devices can either: drive displays, render content, or both.  For
example, a USB to VGA adapter can just display, but it has no graphics
engine to actually draw any content.  You can also have devices which have
no display hardware (like the chip in this thread) or no displays
physically wired to the chip which can only render.  Finally you have the
traditional case where you have a device which has display hardware with
display connectors wired up which also has a graphics engine.  Regardless
of what hardware capabilities the device has, the display manager can pick
which one(s) will be used for display and which one will be used for
rendering.  If the rendering and display device is the same, everything
happens on the device directly.  If the rendering and display devices are
separate, the rendering device will render to it's own memory and the the
contents will be copied to a buffer suitable for use by the display device.

Alex