Touch rotation on Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04

Hugh Chang perceiv2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 09:11:29 UTC 2020

Dear Peter Hutterer,

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 4:11 PM Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net>
wrote:

> ftr, you should really use the device name instead of the id since the id
is not guaranteed to be static.

Thanks a lot for your kind comment. I will do so.

> my bet is mutter (or gnome-settings-daemon on older versions) since it's
the
> only one I know of that would do screen mapping. but I don't know what
> versions 18.04 ships and even then I wouldn't know the details, especially
> not for ubuntu.

Thank you very much again.
I have tried to update the suspicious packages from Ubuntu 20.04, or to
build from the source of the newer version.
They were not successful because the dependency was too complex and I've
concluded that I cannot recommend my customer to update so many packages
that may result in an unstable system.

Instead, I've made a daemon program that creates a virtual uinput touch
device and transforms touch positions according to its own transformation
configuration.

I really appreciate your help. Without your help, I couldn't solve this
problem.

Best regards,
Hugh Chang