No keysyms send on level 7+

pillule pillule at riseup.net
Sun Sep 6 10:34:06 UTC 2020

On Fri, Sep 04 2020, Adam Nielsen wrote:

>> This last point make me think it is maybe related to my hardware ?
>> It is something knowed that we can't abuse at will of the last layers?
>
> Have you tried plugging in a second keyboard, and pressing half the
> key combination on one keyboard, and finishing it off on the other?
>
> That should tell you whether it's down to a hardware limitation on the
> keyboard itself.

Hello Adam,

Unfortunally I will not have an external keyboard nor a second computer
 at hand before a certain amount of time.

I have found a more clear example of this behavior :

I have remapped
`Caps_Lock` to `Backspace`
`AltGr` to `Control_R`
`Control_R` to `Alt_R`,

Now if i type one of the next sequences, it will be well interpreted :
 - `Control_R` + `Alt_R` + `Backspace`
 - `Control_R` + `Alt_L` + `Backspace`
 - `Control_L` + `Alt_R` + `Backspace`

However if I type this one :
- `Alt_L` + `Control_R` + `Backspace`
xev will not see any input.
This one definitivly make me think it's the firmware fault.

The same scheme apply with small variations on others keys, for
example if I type `c`  instead of backspace `Backspace` and add `Shift` to the
combinaisons, the exact same behavior happens.

Is it something relatively common to found such a keyboard which
can't take much combinaisons ?