Question regarding XGetImage in libx11

Chuanlong Du longendu at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 05:49:02 UTC 2021

I was reading the source code of the file GetImage.c and got confused about the function XGetImage. Specifically, I'm confused about where the defined variable register xGetImageReq *req; is used. The function never uses it again after setting values for req at line 83. At line 85, does the function _XReply copy the whole display/screen's data to rep or just the specified rectangle defined by req? If _XReply copies the whole display/screen's data, where does the function XGetImage crop the image to keep the specified rectangle only?