problem opening/loading an X11 font.

L. A. Walsh freedesktop at tlinx.org
Wed Jun 9 19:56:08 UTC 2021

On 2021/05/22 11:43, IL Ka wrote:

> Lets try not to provide particular charset and DPI
>
> $ xterm -fn '-*-lucidatypewriter-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*'
---
    yes., then I tried adding back every element from the original:
 xterm -fn
'-b&h-lucidatypewriter-medium-r-normal-sans-0-0-100-100-m-0-iso10646-1'

And the original statement works!

> Does it work?
>
> Try to reinstall font packages on your cygwin:
>
> https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/xorg-x11-fonts-src.html
----
    Actually ended up reinstall a bunch of packages.  One of my problems
is cygwin's setup program doesn't make it clear how to install parts
of an install when it defaults to wanting to install a few hundred
packages.  Once I did that, several local perl progs were hosed
due to cpan dependencies including 1 that won't build (yet).

something in that huge package list (including several X11 packages)
seems to have fixed this problem .. though I wish I knew how!

Thanks for your help!