Video 62 shade of grey, 3x 6bits: 18bits

Félix Hauri felix47x0r9 at f-hauri.ch
Wed Oct 13 07:32:20 UTC 2021

Dears,

Working on an industrial PC, I've restaured a strange 18bits LCD display
 G121XN01 V.0 (without touch panel.)

https://www.panelook.com/G121XN01%20V0_AUO_12.1_LCM_parameter_831.html

They are able to display 262K colors ( 6-bit Red, 6-bit Green, 6-bit Blue )

I've found an DVI+VGA driver for this screen, trying to make them working
on a raspberry-pi, unfortunely, I don't know how to start Xorg with this
kind of 18bit depth mode.

In the worst case, I could imagine creating a modified 256 color map, based
on standard 8bit web color map, but if I found a way of using 262K ``real''
colors, this will be better!

Regards!

--
 Félix Hauri  -  <felix47x0r9 at f-hauri.ch>  -  http://www.f-hauri.ch