CI commit checks (was: [ANNOUNCE] libXft 2.3.7)

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Dec 1 00:57:04 UTC 2022

On 11/16/22 01:08, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 03:27:38PM -0500, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
>> Thomas E. Dickey (4):
>>        libxft issue #15
>>        fix compiler warning
>>        libxft issue #16
>
> I hadn't thought of this while committing the changes,
> but had used short titles because a CI rule limited lines to 80 columns.
> (I saw some note about that being undone for some projects(*), uncertain...).

We're working through dropping the requirement for signed-off-by lines, but
I've not heard anything about dropping the 80 column rule.  But then, I'm not
aware of any X.Org repos in which we block the commit for failing the check,
we just make the CI status red.  We could reduce that from error to warning
as well (which I think we've already done in the xserver repo, but not others).

> For the record, the full titles here would be longer than 80:
>      libxft issue #16
>
>              https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libxft/-/issues/16
>
>      Stack gets smashed in fonts with colors when calling XftGlyphRender
>
>              BGRA changes made incorrect comparison for local vs allocated
>              buffer in XftGlyphSpecRender

None of those lines look longer than 80 characters to me.

> and
>
>      libxft issue #15
>
>              https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libxft/-/issues/15
>
>      XftFontLoadGlyphs for mono font returns wrong info in extents from
>      XftTextExtentsUtf8 for variable chars

That one you would need to cut down a bit, but could still put in more info
than just an issue number,

         -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
          Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris