Something is keeping my X awake

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Mon Jul 25 08:53:05 UTC 2022

Thanks, Carsten, for your work, and the elaborate explanation.

I can somewhat understand inhibiting the screensaver when there's a
video playing in the foreground, but certainly not for background
activity. But this is an issue to take up with the Mozilla dudes.

I don't believe that there should be any influence by the browser on
a machine with a screensaver that's currently locking. The inhibitor
just causes the password dialog to pop up all the time, and prevents
screen blanking, when in fact there is nothing to be seen anyway,
and it's thus pointless.

So while the inhibitor should inhibit the screensaver from
activating on idle, if the screensave has been activated otherwise,
then the inhibitor's job is over and it should just rest.

Best,

--
@martinkrafft | https://matrix.to/#/#madduck:madduck.net

"you don't sew with a fork, so I see no reason
  to eat with knitting needles."
                                -- miss piggy, on eating chinese food

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net