nouveau going off the deep end...

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 20 17:13:25 UTC 2022

Robert Heller composed on 2022-06-19 18:40 (UTC-0400):

> I don't use any other 3D programs (maybe FreeCAD).  KiCaD is not a 3D program,
> it is 2D.  This is an integrated video chipset on the motherboard -- I don't
> have a separate video card.

> How do I turn off the compositor?  Do I need it?

Some DEs require it be enabled globally, but allow it to be disabled locally via
its own settings. How Mate works I don't know. To disable globally, use a .conf
file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ containing the following:

	Section "Extensions"
	        Option	"Composite" "Disable"
	EndSection
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata