Keeping the Screen Turned off While Getting Inputs

Ahmad Nouralizadeh ahmadnouralizadeh at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 26 15:47:39 UTC 2023

 I want to count the processor-initiated memory accesses. On my 4K display, a huge number of accesses originate from the iGPU and dedicated GPU. I want to exclude these accesses. The IMC counter can only track the dedicated GPU accesses. Therefore, I have to turn the screen off to exclude those originated from the iGPU.

    On Saturday, August 26, 2023, 08:10:15 PM GMT+4:30, Dave Howorth <xorg at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

 On Sat, 26 Aug 2023 15:28:52 +0000 (UTC)
Ahmad Nouralizadeh <ahmadnouralizadeh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I need to run a set of (graphical) benchmarks with the screen
> disabled.

Can I ask why? What is you're trying to accomplish? Somehow affect the
benchmarks? Stop people seeing the benchmarks being performed?

And what is the benchmark measuring? Elapsed time or CPU time or what?

Turn the display off and run the benchmarks by ssh-ing in from another
machine?