Connecting to a modern Xserver with an old client

Ulrich Sibiller uli42 at gmx.de
Mon Jul 24 11:52:33 UTC 2023

On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 12:56 PM Peter Hutterer
<peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:

> And logging every access from a client is not great either - and logging
> it once will likely just make it disappear in the rest of the server log.

Well, you just need to log _failing_ clients. Those clients will not
produce many requests as they are rejected right at the beginning, not
getting a display. Right?

But just to mention it: I think rejecting them is not the right way to
handle them anyway. You never know what clients you'll see in the
future and having to restart X to give them access is a no-go in my
POV.

Uli