Regarding X client

Chris Sorenson csoren at cpinternet.com
Wed Jun 28 21:35:35 UTC 2023

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 15:51:16 +0300
> From: Riza Dindir
> To: xorg
> Subject: Regarding X client
> Hello All,
>
> I want to run two applications on X client, and have an xinitrc file
> that starts a GTK application and another that starts xterm. Like so
>
> my-gui-app &
> xterm
>
> I do not want to use a window manager for this.
>
> When I start the client with startx, it displays both of the
> applications but the xterm does not have focus.
>
> If I click on the xterm window, the focus is not given to the xterm window.
>
> Is this default behavior? How can I focus on the xterm window? Using a
> mouse? Or some other way?
>
> Regards,
> Riza

Please post the entirety of you xinitrc file. You're saying you're starting X without a window manager? That's not even possible anymore, it was way back in the day but now X just immediately exits if there's no window manager to communicate with, or, at least that's what happens with my distribution (Slackware 15.0).