sudden crash of X server with malloc in the journalctl

Olivier Fourdan ofourdan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 13:32:36 UTC 2024

Hi Jan,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 11:22 AM Jan Kurella <kurellajunior at gmail.com>
wrote:

> yes, that sounds familiar, but the package versions do not match mine. I
> am too much of a user to find the link between the given links and possible
> versions on my machine.

Usually distributions backport the fixes, so the exact version may not
match the links from upstream I posted.

Also which package to downgrade to fix this until the merged fix is rolled
> out.

I guess the previous update?

> The package I could find closest to the name is
> xserver-xorg-core/jammy-updates,jammy-security,now
> 2:21.1.4-2ubuntu1.7~22.04.10 amd64
> which does not resemble the versions mentioned in the link.
> Any ideas? (Or will the fix be rolled out very soon?)

I'm sorry I am not using nor even remotely following what Ubuntu does, so
that would be better answered by Ubuntu folks, I reckon.

Cheers
Olivier