[synaptics] Require minimal finger move for moving cursor

kaycee gb kisscoolandthegangbang at hotmail.fr
Fri Apr 12 16:45:05 UTC 2024

Le Fri, 12 Apr 2024 15:26:59 +0100,
Julian Bradfield <jcb+fdt at julianbradfield.org> a écrit :

> On 2024-04-12, kaycee gb <kisscoolandthegangbang at hotmail.fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a "crappy" touchpad on my dell laptop that drives me crazy. I am
> > unable to fix the sensitivity/jump problems when clicking. I tried different
> > things. Sometimes it seems to help/make the jumps less present but not
> > really for a long time.
> >
> > Thinking about that, I wonder how it would be possible to require a minimal
> > finger motion before the cursor can move ? Is it doable ? Coding needed ?
>
> You mean HorizHysteresis and VertHysteresis ?

Tried those two too. After reading what they do I hoped that it may help, but
no. The result is not really what I look for. IIRC, changing these values did
not helped in fixing the jumps and made the cursor move not in a smooth way.

I mean something like, at touch, start counting some finger motion, once a
predefined motion is achieved, stop counting and then start moving the cursor
normally.