Does xorg/X11 support Rembrandt [Radeon 680M] from AMD/ATI?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Fri Jul 5 17:53:09 UTC 2024

On 7/2/24 07:59, William Bulley wrote:
> I don't understand how xorg deals with newer hardware, but I
> suspect this device (Rembrandt [Radeon 680M]) being rather
> new, may not yet be supported.  Can someone please explain?

your best first step might be to see when this driver became available
in the linux kernel.  freebsd has several drivers that track various
linux kernel versions.  i think the current linux kernel versions would
are 5.10, 5.15, and 6.1.

if it's available in one of those versions then chances are pretty good
you can get it running on freebsd.

-pete

--
Pete Wright