[cairo] help needed in compiling python code

Maarten Breddels dmon at xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 13 13:42:03 PST 2004

gopinaths wrote:

>Hi,
>    I'm having trouble executing example codes in examples/ in the
>pycairo-0.1.3 package.
>
># ./cairo-demo.py
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./cairo-demo.py", line 4, in ?
>    import gtk
>ImportError: No module named cairo._cairo
>
>cairo modules are available in /etc/lib/python/site-packages/
>Could someone help me with the compile error..

I also had problems installing pycairo on linux, there should be a file
_cairo.so in the /etc/lib/python/site-packages/cairo dir, but it ended
in the up in the  site-packages dir, if so, try moving it to the right
directory.
I made a custom setup.py, but it doesn't compile the gtk stuff.
Plz let me know if this was the problem.

-Maarten