[cairo] to much roundtrips in the x11 backend

Carl Worth cworth at redhat.com
Mon Dec 20 09:58:02 PST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:41:50 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Eventually a facility like this has to be public... GTK+ will be
> frequently creating Cairo surfaces for drawables with known size.

Yes. And I noted as much in a comment before I committed this patch.

I just didn't want to bog alexl down in a discussion of a public API
change before he could get his work down.

I do want to have that discussion now though. Let me dig up an old
thread or two that we've had in the past and start things up.