[Clipart] clipart.freedesktop.org and OpenOffice.org

Jonathan Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Apr 8 18:14:24 PDT 2004

libwmf plus info on WMF: http://wvware.sourceforge.net/libwmf.html

About wmf: Windows Metafiles (wmf) files are common in the windows
world. Basically they are a recording of the windows gdi (graphic)
calls. They consist of a list of calls to such graphic primitives as
LineTo, Polygon, Rectangle, etc. And as such as inherently a vector
based format.

Well, at the same time as SVG might not be a standard, there is
something standardizing about pushing it as a standard for our project,
right?

I think the more important is having vector mother formats and
convertors for ppl to use to more reductive formats. And in the future,
a standard bitmap format can be decided for photos/images that can't
really be expressed in a vector format. (Aiming at developing a policy
of sorts here...)

SVG and WMF both are vector formats, so that is more important for
conversion to other reductive formats (which i thought was a bitmap
format b4 I did my homework ;)

Jon