[Clipart] Public Domain Licensing

Chad cws456456 at aol.com
Sun Apr 11 20:22:26 PDT 2004

Hi,

 From the Creative Commons website:

http://creativecommons.org/license/publicdomain?lang=en&format=image

"The Public Domain Dedication is not a license. By using it, you do not
simply carve out exceptions to your copyright; you grant your entire
copyright to the public without condition. This grant is permanent and
irreversible."

Therefore we need to change the wording so it doesn't refer to a 'public
domain liscense".

And we need to say something like:

   1. Each clip art submission is to be declared public domain:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/
   2. Each clip art submission will have to use this instant online form
to make the declaration valid:
http://creativecommons.org/license/publicdomain-2?lang=en

-Chad Smith