[Clipart] Public Domain Licensing

Jonathan Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Apr 11 20:54:23 PDT 2004

Looks great...

I hope that by having ppl go through the public domain process we won't
have made a massive barrier that users can't get around or get over.

Well, the wiki is for us anyway, but when we make the process for folks
to submit online, hopefully it can be as easy as the submission process
for my journal: http://scale.ucsd.edu/ where there are only 3 steps and
it is that easy.

The simple way to make sure that the public domain reference is there is
to not let people who do not link to the creative commons in their
metadata of their image to submit that image. That is a one time
threshold. I think after users go through this once, then it will become
easier.

Thoughts?

Jon

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 20:48, Chad wrote:
> Done.
>
> Tell me what you think.
>
> -Chad Smith
>
> jon at rejon.org wrote:
>
> >THat sounds good. Can you affect those changes?
> >
> >Jon
> >
> <Snip>
>
> http://freedesktop.org/bin/view/Software/OCAPLicense

Graduate Researcher