[Fwd: Re: [Clipart] website]

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Mon Apr 12 11:43:35 PDT 2004

Alan Horkan wrote:

> A bigger issue than being spammed is that email addresses are not
> permanent but the clipart files will very likely be around for a long time
> and we will have no way to go back later and change the address.

If the author is interested in being contacted, he or she will keep the
address updated in the main repository.

> Same goes for including links to websites with the clipart.  As much as
> possible we should point to just the one place, the one we can reasonably
> control and make reliable

That is exactly the idea.  The installer would download this information
from openclipart.org whenever it is run.  This data would be kept in one (or
more) RDF files for easy access.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely