[Clipart] Clipart Installer - GUI

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Mon Apr 12 18:48:51 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I have been working on the GUI interface for the clipart installer.  I was
hoping that some of you could take a look at some screenshots and offer some
feedback:

http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/oooplus/

As you can see, I re-did the GUI from scratch.  This new proposal is
"inspired" by Tobias' suggestion.  But it uses tabs to fit in all the
functionality which (I hope) the installer will have.

Notice the contents of the Search tab.  Does that look reasonable?  Are
there any other search criteria that you think we should add?

It's better to figure this out now, before we start getting clipart comming
in.  Because all this metadata will have to be stored in the server for
every clipart image we get.

So, what I'm thinking is that each clipart will have the following
associated with it:

   *  Image name.
   *  Author name.
   *  License (in case we decide to add more options later).
   *  Author contact (although the installer won't use this).
   *  Date (???)

Does that look reasonable?  Am I missing anything?

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely