[Clipart] Clipart License

Glenn Randers-Pehrson <glennrp> glennrp at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 09:49:50 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, [iso-8859-1] "Áki G. Karlsson" wrote:
> > Hi (sorry about the length of this...)
> >
> > I agree that attribution is not really acceptable for clipart, unless it
> > can be "hidden" in the svg/png metadata for example...
>
> It can be hidden in the svg/png, but it takes some effort to do so.

I can help with streamlining that effort, with respect to PNG, once
we've decided exactly what metadata should go in.  You can do it
now with pngcrush without a lot of effort, but I could make a
simplified version of pngcrush that does the job.  For
SVG it can't be that bad since SVG is human-readable XML text.

Glenn