[Clipart] submit files online now!

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Apr 20 00:17:38 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Bugzilla's also way overkill for what we need.  But on the other hand, a
> bird in the hand......
>
> Nicu, can you take a look at the bugzilla and see what you think of it -
> do you think the average contributor (who may be more artistically
> minded than techie) would be okay with bugzilla, or do you think it
> might be too confusing for them?

i'm biased, i have used various instanced of BugZilla and i'm familiar
with it.
to be fair, my first impression, some years ago, looking at
bugzilla.mozilla.org was not very positive, but is also possible to make
a nicer interface (i like RedHat's interface, the ones from Mozilla or
OpenOffice are cluttered with to many questions)

we don't know yet how the average contributor will look and i'm not
clear how we intend to use this tracking system in the future: IMO, we
need something right now, in order to build a full functional website.
after that we will have only small and rare modifications. non technical
users will have probably forums.

--
nicu