[Clipart] www.openclipart.org

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Apr 20 00:30:35 PDT 2004

Jonathan Phillips wrote:
> Can you help develop these? Do you have access to the site, and or can
> you develop this on the WIKI, or here on the mailing list? The best
> would be if you could just edit the content and shuttle it back to the
> wiki.

IMO, the licensing statement is clearly explained in FAQ:
http://www.openclipart.org/faq.php

i think some minor additions are enough:
- on the guidelines page (http://www.openclipart.org/guidelines.php) a
new rule, something like: "files sould be dedicated to Public Domain"
and a link to http://creativecommons.org/license/publicdomain-2?lang=en
- on the front page, the text "This project has the goal of creating a
free archive of clip art that can be used with free software, closed
software, distributed with various software distributions, or be used in
graphic design compositions." should have a little addition, mentioning
Public Domain. maybe also place somewhere the (PD) icon
(http://creativecommons.org/images/license/pd.gif)

--
nicu