[Clipart] [Fwd: [Sodipodi-list] GNOME themes extras 0.7 released]

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Tue Apr 20 22:40:24 PDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jonathan Phillips wrote:
> > I wonder if our ocap project shouldn't try and include themes and/or
> > icons and graphics used to create themes?
>
> have you considered the licensing aspect? i believe those icons are GPL/LGPL

I definitely think that the graphics used to produce icons or themes
would fit in well in this project, however there's enough other projects
out there geared around accumulating icons and graphics for various
desktops, etc. that we might be doubling up efforts if we too tried to
accumulate them.  Perhaps we could treat the theme/icon projects as
customers, akin to drawing programs, and just strive to provide
components that could assist them.

If we find artists wish to leverage us for posting themes or icons,
probably there wouldn't be any problem doing so, but I don't know if we
should make any moves in that direction ourselves.