[Clipart] Website

fenix at theopencd.net fenix at theopencd.net
Fri Apr 23 10:12:14 PDT 2004

> Bryce, does the software you are installing support forums? I remember
> bryce mentioning that the bug and feature tracking software supports
> forums. I think user forums would be a good thing for the user
> community, although not supplanting the wiki as a place for shared
> document collection.

The forum should be made through a PHPbb feature, but unfortunately, I don't
know PHP at all.

I believe, that all OpenSource Linux servers support this feature.

> Fenix, besides the forums being installed, do you still need a fd.o
> account?

What fd.o account is? (is that a wiki account, or something else?)

>Also, what are your thoughts on the current state of the
> website?
>
> Jon

I think, that our new website must be more like "emotionware", I mean that it
must be very intuitive to navigate, and be accessible for people who don't
understand english (and those who doesn't like to read :), which are many
surfers on the internet ).

We should take this idea:

OpenClipart preview: Added on 8.4.2004.
http://oosurvey.gratismania.ro:8080/oocommunity/Members/Chadley78/openclipart/i
mage_view

But rework it that way, so upload, browsing buttons and download buttons are
understood by every idiot out there, who even mistakenly entered our site.
Download button must be beauty graphical image of say- insect, or car + small
arrow in diagonal to down. For upload the same image but with arrow looking in
diagonal up.

If our site is able to deliver the "woow" effect, when looked at first glance,
then we completed our goal. We will be able to attract new contributors
easily, and our project will be in motion.

Delivering the "woow" effect, even to non-english speakers is mission-critical.

-Fenix*NBK*