[Clipart] PASSFAIL Report

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon Aug 2 22:47:07 PDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > Filename                                 Parse Title Authr Lcnse Kywds
>
> can we have a cleaning of the incoming folder? now we have a lot of
> duplicates of the same file, one version with valid metadata and another
> without.
>
> what i propose: all accepted submissions to be moved (that is, *deleted*
> from the 'incoming') to an 'accepted' folder (this may be the 'unsorted'
> category of the browsable repository)
> this way we will easily see what files does not have metadata and
> authors can update them. also as a result, the process of preparing
> files for anew release will be easier: less files to process.

Yes, that sounds like a good approach to me.  The work of re-processing
files is cumbersome, so being able to move previously submitted files
out of incoming would make that easier.

> what is not still clear for me is how we can update files. take as an
> example one of my early submissions:
> http://www.openclipart.org/incoming//2004/04/contents/publicdomain_logo.svg
> i can download the file, add metadata and resubmit it, but at submission
> we will have two versions of the file, with different names. how can i
> remove the incorrect version from the 'incoming' folder? (other than ssh
> and rm)

I've been working on a 'document management system' (dms) for handling
this.  Probably won't be ready for use for a few months though.