[Clipart] PASSFAIL Report

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Aug 4 22:43:27 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> Hmm...  I thought the script would take .svgz files.  We should
> investigate that - svgz should be an acceptable (perhaps even
> preferred) file format.  Bug me if this remains an issue.

I'm probably the one to bug about this, actually; I don't think the
upload script currently will accept .svgz except as "other", in which
case embedded metadata aren't supported.

Are .svgz files just gzipped .svg files?  It ought to be possible to
support those...

> I think the SVG file issue should be good now.  It'd be nice if the
> upload tool would force this to be lower case, though.

The current upload script does give them the lowercase .svg extension
(and always has).  Any that have .SVG must have been uploaded with the
old non-metadata-aware PHP upload tool.

>> - we can talk what to do with files on 'incoming/wrong_format', maybe
>> delete some of them?
>
> As long as they have some metadata and are legitimately PD, I'd have
> no problem keeping them.  Perhaps we can post them as separate
> packages from the main files?  Since I don't have much interest in
> non-SVG files, it would be keen if someone else would take ownership
> of these types of files and shepherd them through.  I'll get to them
> eventually if no-one else wants to do it, but it may be a while.

I do think for now we should not delete them, since we might do
something with them at some point -- at least if they have metadata.

>> IMO it would be nice if someone modify the listing of submissions
>> (http://www.openclipart.org/submissions.php) to add a new column,
>> showing status, based on directory: released, waiting, incomplete
>
> Good idea.

Agreed.  My PHP is pretty marginal, though.