[Clipart] OpenPhoto project.

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Fri Aug 20 00:27:00 PDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> >

> >>http://www.openphoto.tk/
> >

> > This is great. It needs a lot of photos still though.
> >
> > I do like how the OpenClipart.org uses public domain instead of their
> > choice of license. Public domain is so much simpler.
>
> i believe Academic Free License was considered os one of the options
> when the license for OpenClipart.org was decided. i like the
> 'anti-patents' section of AFL

Actually, we had always been Public Domain from the start - we inherited
that decision from the Sodipodi Flags effort from last year.

We did discuss about allowing licensed work in addition to Public
Domain, and discussed GPL, LGPL, BSD, Artistic...  I don't recall
Academic Free License coming up, but it might have.

In any case, we decided to keep it simple, and do PD only.